- 100% cotton hand-dyed by local artisans
- Handmade using eco-friendly natural dyes
- Size: 20" (50cm) x 20" (50cm)
- Hidden zipper closure that allows the cover to be removed
- Decorate your living space or your bedroom with a fresh finishing touch
- Soft to the touch, making them perfect for snuggling
- Team with other homeware items from the range for a beautifully coordinated look
- Premium quality
- Handmade by artisans in Malaysia
- Machine washable
- Inner cushion not provided
Due to the nature of hand dyed textile, print placement and coloring vary for each item
The Batik Boutique is an award-winning social enterprise created to disrupt the cycle of poverty in Malaysia. They train women from low-income backgrounds to produce gifts and fashion accessories made from a traditional Malaysian fabric called batik.
First, they work with artisan families in rural Malaysia where they create batik textiles on natural fibers. The artisans use layers of wax and dye to create the designs in a labor-intensive process. Learn about the process.
Next, women create ethical fashion and gift items with this fabric in our sewing training center. Today, more than 150 artisans work with Batik Boutique to gain a fair, sustainable income and marketable skills. Each purchase directly benefits the artisan who made it. Meet our artisans.